Search this Topic:
Mar 6 12 8:07 PM
Mar 7 12 2:12 PM
Mar 7 12 2:44 PM
Mar 7 12 3:09 PM
fids wrote:Every manufacturing plant he has toured lately has gone bankrupt --or in the case of GM --they stopped production of the car he touted.
Mar 8 12 12:31 PM
Mar 8 12 1:12 PM
Barack Obama (Saul Loeb - AFP/Getty Images) The chance for dinner with President Obama just got a little cheaper.
The Obama reelection campaign sent out a mass e-mail Wednesday asking donors to “pitch in $2 or whatever you can” to be entered into a contest for a meal with Obama.
The amount marks a 33 percent discount from previous entreaties, which routinely asked for $3 donations. (Technically speaking, there is no donation of any kind required to be entered into the raffle, as noted in the fine print.)
An Obama spokesman declined to comment on the price drop, though the campaign notes that it tests varying messages and dollar amounts in its fund-raising pitches. The campaign has had three previous dinner-with-the-president contests, and two of those contest winners have shared a meal with Obama so far, officials said.
The cheaper dinner date comes in the wake of a series of sobering revelations about the campaign’s fund-raising efforts.Obama saw a dip in numbers last month and appears unlikely to meet his record $745 million campaign haul from 2008 if he continues on his current track.
In addition, a super PAC set up to support the president’s reelection raised a dismal $58,800 in January, even as GOP super PACs are collecting checks of up to $5 million at a time for their efforts. Obama shifted course this month by declaring that he would offer his support to the group, Priorities USA Action, which like all super PACs can raise and spend unlimited funds.
View the fund-raising e-mail below:
By Dan Eggen | 12:47 PM ET, 02/22/2012 http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/post/obama-reelection-campaign-drops-price-to-enter-dinner-contest/2012/02/22/gIQA368VTR_blog.htmlhttp://www.yobananas.com/modules/com_gk2_photoslide/5-dollar-foot-long-1574.html
Mar 8 12 3:40 PM
Mar 9 12 11:31 AM
Mar 9 12 11:35 AM
Mar 12 12 9:27 AM
It still drives me crazy that they pad the schedule with transportation details. Did he fly the damn planes?!
The 89th Airlift Wing activated the 305th and 306th Expeditionary Airlift Squadrons here Dec. 1. The squadrons will play an integral role supporting presidential airlift in the coming months, through a mission known as "Banner Express." "The Banner Express mission provides dedicated assets to our highest priority airlift - presidential support, 'said Col Allan Hess, 89th Operations Group commander. "Air Mobility Command accomplishes this during election years by standing up two squadrons, C-17s based here, and C-130s based in Wilmington, Del."Aircraft and personnel are pre-positioned to support an expected surge in airlift so the Air Force is postured to more efficiently and effectively meet the needs of the commander in chief while remaining good stewards of taxpayer funds. During the 2004 election season, Banner Express operations saved more than $18 million, largely from fuel savings.The 305th Expeditionary Airlift Squadron, commanded by Lt. Col. Alonzo Bristol of the 142nd Airlift Squadron, will operate out of New Castle Air National Guard Base, Del., and will have approximately eight aircrews, 60 maintenance personnel, and about a dozen operations personnel supporting five C-130s. The 306th Expeditionary Airlift Squadron, commanded by Lt. Col. Ben Vorhees of the 315th Operations Group, Joint Base Charleston, SC., will operate from here, and will have seven aircrews, more than 60 maintenance personnel, and also nearly a dozen operations personnel supporting four C-17s. "This will be an integral total force component of our Sam Fox team here at the 89th Airlift Wing," Hess said. Both commanders represent the Air Reserve Component and the squadrons' members include active duty, reserve and Air National Guard Airmen. Both the 305th and 306th Expeditionary Airlift Squadrons were originally constituted as the 305th and 306th Troop Carrier Squadrons in 1943, and were deactivated in 1951 and 1972, respectively. The squadrons played a significant part in Air Mobility Command history conducting "D-Day" airborne operations during Operation Neptune.The squadrons also participated in Operation Market Garden in September of 1944, and Operation Varsity in March of 1945, which led to the successful breach of the Rhine River into the heartland of Nazi Germany and ultimately the end of World War II only two months later. The squadrons were re-activated in 2003 under a provisional status for Air Mobility Command's Banner Express Mission. They are expected to commence operations in April 2012 and will deactivate in late November.
Mar 12 12 12:17 PM
Mar 12 12 2:30 PM
Mar 13 12 4:21 PM
Mar 14 12 3:58 PM
Mar 15 12 12:42 PM
Mar 16 12 12:18 PM
Mar 18 12 3:40 PM
Mar 18 12 3:47 PM
Mar 18 12 8:10 PM
BunnyNews wrote:Illinois will go santorium............................Obama gotta lotta people there to vote for him.
Mar 18 12 8:32 PM
© 2013 Yuku. All rights reserved.